Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Truth Fairy

On a scale of one to eternity in purgatory, how bad is it if after
missing the tooth fairy opportunity with my son I discovered I had
several pennies, two dimes and a nickel in my purse, so I took a
quarter from his (same son) piggy bank and put it with my change
beneath his pillow this morning while I busied him in the kitchen
setting out breakfast.

Side note: What does one do with a tooth? It seems a shame to throw it
away like garbage when he spent so many years growing it. Bury it in a
special spot in the yard?

I couldn’t determine what to do with the last tooth, so I kept it in my
pocket, where it went through the wash and he found it when we folded
laundry. Ooops!

2 comments:

  1. I totally broke down and fessed up to Em the other day. I had forgotten 3 days in a row and it was her 10 year molars and all that. I explained how fun it is to keep the magic alive and how she could help her brothers and sister enjoy it, too. I hope I didn't ruin her whole childhood, but she had already hinted that she suspected us. I figured it was better to make her a co-conspirator. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine haven't even lost any teeth yet, and my first two know... they asked me, and I asked them what they thought. They said they didn't think it was real, because that's just dumb. So, I told them it was a secret and they couldn't tell anyone or ruin it for them. Don't know what I'll do when they actually lose their teeth...

    ReplyDelete