Once I had collected the skull, I brought it home and left it out in the sun for a while. You see sometimes I don’t know exactly what I’m going to do with a piece only that it attracts my attention and that I am going to do something.
When I had finally determined the course to be taken, I cleaned out the skull by vacuuming it out, washing it out, and using compressed air to blow it out. One can never be to cautious when working with carcass parts. When I finally determined it was clean enough to be housed in my home without creating incidences of infestation by flesh-eating creatures and/or vermin, I painted it with white paint. arguably, one could use a brush, but I opted for spray paint for more even coverage in the various nooks and crannies.
When it had dried, I penciled in the sunflowers; sort of Georgia O’Keefe-esque. Then I painted them on using several shades of each color to mimic some degree of depth. Were I true artist I would have incorporated light and shadow to a greater degree, but whereas it was experimental evolved into crafty, I walked away satisfied.