Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Paradise

I believe this is the first post I've submitted that is actually requesting input. Once upon a time, I started writing a novel. (Who hasn't) That was about 20 years ago. It has evolved considerably over the course of time and with the passage of years until I finally feel like the first book in the series is ready for production. The issue I have is that the title that I have been calling it (Paradise) has been used by Toni Morrison, who is slightly more well known. Therefore I have to generate a new working title.

To give you a very brief synopsis, it is the story of a girl, living in contemporary times, who through no fault of her own, travels back through time to when the territory of Utah was first being settled. Many adaptations have to occur as she adjusts to the time period. One of the individuals who helps her make those adjustments is a rancher settled in the area that later becomes known as Paradise, UT. Based on those premises, listed are a few title options. Please comment back with the title you would be most likely to pick up in a bookstore or download electronically. Or if you have another recommendation not listed, I'm open to suggestions

Before Paradise
Paradise on the Horizon
13.8 Miles and 150 Years from Paradise
From the Island to Paradise
A Man. . . his Past. . . my Future
Paradise in the Foothills
Paradise in the Territories
Finding Paradise
1858
Near Paradise

Feel free to comment even if you don't know me.

5 comments:

  1. I am going to have to say Before Paradise. Hope your book becomes a reality. It sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be a series? Yay! I like Finding Paradise and 150 years from Paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't really think that was how it ended, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you got tired of writing or couldn't think of a good ending? Ok, its been a long time since I read it and I didn't remember the ending until you said that. :)

    ReplyDelete